Sunday 13 November 2016

Tomato, Spinach and Garlic Quinoa

This is the last Secret Recipe Club ever :(. This month I had Pale Yellow, this blog is mostly a baking blog, but as I am currently trying to loose weight I went for a savoury salad recipe! I will definitely have to try some of the cakes when I'm not, they look delicious.

I took the salad with me when I went to London Zoo for the afternoon. I did make one substitution to the recipe and used chard instead of spinach. Yum!





















Tomato, Spinach and Garlic Quinoa (from Pale Yellow)
(Serves 4)

200g quinoa
500ml vegetable stock
pinch salt
1 tbsp oil
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
140g fresh baby spinach
280g cherry tomatoes, halved
juice 1 lemon

Add the quinoa, stock, and a pinch of salt to a medium saucepan. Heat on medium-low so that the mixture is simmering. Stir occasionally and cook until all the stock is absorbed.

Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook until the onions begin to brown. Sprinkle the onions with a pinch of salt. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted. Leave to cool slightly.

Add the tomatoes, then stir in the cooked quinoa. Squeeze in the lemon juice and mix to combine. Serve.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely recipe! It's so healthy and love the fact that you can take it out as a packed lunch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely salad and pretty much FMD friendly. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I haven't made quinoa salads in awhile, but its time to start again - they are healthy and filling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so fresh & delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After my love of chocolate, coffee and bananas comes quinoa. I love how it adapts so easily to recipes and offers up so much protein and fiber. You wouldn't even think you were on a diet with this yummy salad.

    ReplyDelete