Friday 7 October 2016

Artichoke and Spinach Scones

I had some leftover artichokes and spinach from meals last week and I came across these scones and thought they'd be a fab way of using up my leftovers. They are delicious and a great accompaniment to soup.

















Artichoke and Spinach Scones (from Gold Medal Flour)
(Makes 12)

360g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
60g butter, cut into cubes
50g parmesan cheese, grated
4 artichoke hearts, chopped
100g spinach
250ml milk
1 egg, divided

Preheat oven to 200°C.

Put the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettle of boiling water. Leave to cool, then squeeze out the excess water and chop.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and garlic powder. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the cheese, artichokes and spinach, stirring to combine.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, you might not need all of it, so add gradually.

Place dough on a floured surface and form into a disk, 3/4 to 1-inch in thickness. Cut out into circles with a cutter. Place the scones onto a lightly greased or lined baking sheet.

Brush the top of each scone with the leftover milk and egg mixture or just egg.

Put into the oven and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Leave to cool.

6 comments:

  1. Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future. how to cook basmati rice I wanted to thank you for this great read. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. artichoke powder organic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. organic artichoke powder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. artichoke powder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating artichoke powder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, extraordinary blog, yet I don't see how to include your webpage in my rss peruser. Would you be able to Help me please? Duonao

    ReplyDelete