Tuesday 27 September 2016

Blackberry Clafoutis

My sister came to help me out with a bit of housework and so I made her dinner. This was our pudding. I used blackberries that I picked on Walthamstow Marshes and they were oh so sweet.





















Blackberry Clafoutis (from Sainsburys)
(Serves 4)

10g unsalted English butter
40g plain flour
30g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
200ml milk
1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
225 g fresh blackberries

Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC. Grease a shallow, 1-litre ovenproof tart or flan dish with the butter.

Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Slowly add the milk to create a smooth batter. Stir in the sunflower oil and mix well.

Put the blackberries in the base of the dish then pour over the batter.

Bake for 35-40 mins, until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment