Tuesday 8 March 2016

Meal Planning Tuesday

Once again this is a day late, in my defence, it's been a busy couple of weeks.

Let's start with last week. So I went to The Afghan Kitchen in Islington on Monday evening with a friend and we tried the Aubergine with Yoghurt, Lamb with Spinach and Rice, we would have had the bread too but it doesn't start until about 7.30pm! The meal was delicious and very reasonably priced too, just a shame about the bread. They also do take away, hot or cold.


We then wandered up Upper Street to Belle Epoque a new french patisserie/cafe closer to Highbury and Islington. We had hot chocolate and tried two cakes, Belle Epoque and Dulcey and Fig, both of which were absolutely delicious and I would totally recommend trying them out.


On Wednesday my veg bag arrived, in it was a cauliflower, onions, mushrooms, parsnips and cavolo nero. I haven't used any of it yet but I have plans for this week. It's definitely making me be more creative with veg.


Thursday was World Book Day and one of my friends made me a beautiful cake to take into work. It was beautiful and just as tasty. Everyone at work loved it.


I also spent the week decorating gingerbread men with all the classes and got this lovely thank you drawing from one of the nursery children!


The weekend continued to be busy. On Saturday I met some friends and went to Vapiano on Southwark Street. I had prawn and spinach pasta, it was so fresh, made there right in front of you. I also had a mini tiramisu, which was yummy.


Then on Sunday my sister and I made Afternoon Tea for my Mum. I made fruit scones, cream cheese and chive scones and triple ginger cake. Emma made mini pavlova, which were fantastic and the sandwiches, complete with homemade bread. It was such a lovely afternoon, we went for a stroll round the Olympic Park and then back for the tea. 


To keep in the spirit of the week we also decorated gingerbread men!!

















This week is much quieter and it needs to be. So i'm going to the theatre on Wednesday with my father and on a tour of Broadcasting House on Saturday and that is it! I am so looking forward to the rest and being able to get housework done!

Monday 
Thai Green Chicken Soup with Scone
Turkey Biryani with Salad

Tuesday

Wednesday 
Out before the theatre

Thursday 
Tartiflette with Pickles and Salad

Friday

Saturday 
Out


Sunday

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you always seem to pack so much in to your weeks - it sounds like you need a bit of relaxing time. Enjoy yourself and your lovely sounding meals. x

    ReplyDelete