Thursday 31 December 2015

Welsh Rarebit

After all my baking before Christmas I was left with half an egg to use up. On the day before I left to go to my parents house I made Welsh rarebit for breakfast and it was tasty, although not much better than cheese on toast, I think I'll stick with that in future!





















Welsh Rarebit (from Tesco Real Food)
(Serves 6)

350g mature cheddar, grated
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp beer or milk
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp English mustard
pinch cayenne pepper
12 thick slices white bread

Preheat the grill to high and toast the bread on both sides.

Set aside 1 heaped tbsp of grated cheese. Mix the rest of the cheese with the egg, beer or milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cayenne.

Spread the cheese mixture on top of the bread and then sprinkle on the reserved cheese. Grill until the cheese is melted, bubbling and starting to turn golden brown. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment