Monday 14 December 2015

Meal Planning Monday

Last week was lots of fun. On Wednesday I went to Wildes Cheese and did a cheese making course. We made plaits of mozzarella. 


On Friday I went to Table of Delights at The Coronet in Notting Hill. It was an interactive theatrical experience with tastings, designed for children but this was an evening performance for adults. It told us about the journey of 5 foods from field to plate. It was a great experience.


Then on Saturday I went on a cheese cruise (rather than a booze cruise) to France for the day. We had lunch at Chateau de Cocove, a three course meal for 30 euros. We had some little nibbles when we sat down, cheese straws, smoked salmon pate, guacamole and small balls of goat's cheese.


Then an amuse bouche of fois gras covered in nuts, with blackberry sauce.


Then my starter was a fig and Ossau-Iraty cheese tart.


For my main course I had a fillet of haddock, with puy lentils and artichokes and a creamy sauce.


Finally I had a quince and rhubarb crumble with creme anglaise. Quince isn't a fruit commonly found on restaurant menus in England and I loved the chance to try it. It was delicious. We then went to the supermarket and the Wine and Beer Warehouse in Calais.


The whole meal was fantastic. On Sunday morning I made mince pies for my Mum to take to my Godmother. 



So I'm now on school holidays although I'm working a bit today. You know how some weeks meal plans come together in minutes and sometimes they take forever! This is a take forever one! I still haven't finished it as really this week is quite free and easy and I'm not sure where I'll be.

Monday
Out for lunch

Tuesday 
Out with a friend
Mozzarella, Artichoke and Tomato Toastie

Wednesday 
Out at a friends house for dinner

Thursday

Friday
Chipotle Cranberry Meatballs with Mash

Saturday
Veggie Burger
Home Hot Smoked Trout

Sunday


No comments:

Post a Comment