Thursday 24 December 2015

Hot Smoked Trout

A couple of weeks ago I went to a fish smoking workshop at House of Sverre, so I thought I'd have a go at hot smoking some trout myself. It was really easy and the flavour was lovely and delicate. My oven has a pizza setting which just heats the bottom of the oven so I used that but a conventional oven should work.



Hot Smoked Salmon
(Serves 1)

1 trout
1l water
handful salt

Fill a bowl with the water and add the salt, swish around until the salt is dissolved. Add the trout and leave to brine for 3-4 hours.

Preheat the oven to 240C.

Take out of the brine and pat dry. Wrap the trout in foil and scrunch to make a parcel. poke holes in the foil. In a separate larger piece of foil put the wood chips, put the foil wrapped trout on top and scrunch up into a parcel over the trout.

Place the foil parcel on the bottom of the oven and cook for 15-20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment