Tuesday 22 December 2015

Chipotle Cranberry Barbecue Sauce

I have a whole list of ends of jars to use up. The first is cranberry sauce, so I made a barbecue sauce with it. This was lightly spicy and would be really good with pulled pork. I served it over meatballs. I apologise for the awful photograph, I was hungry! I served it with purple mash.



2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp oil
250g tomato ketchup
250g cranberry sauce
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp chipotle powder or paste
1 tsp pepper
juice 1 lime

In a frying pan over a medium-high heat, fry the ginger, onions and garlic in the oil until soft but not browned.

Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender with the ginger garlic mixture. Process until smooth.

Refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment