Monday 16 November 2015

Peach Whisky Barbecue Chicken

I saw this recipe on an episode of Pioneer Woman and I had to make it. It was scrummy, obviously peaches are now out of season here so I used tine but I bet fresh would have been even better. As you can see from the picture my sauce is a little watery, totally my fault as I misread how much water to add and added too much. I made two portions of this and with the second I just removed the chicken and peaches and rapidly boiled the sauce for a few mins to thicken it up. I served it with cauliflower mash and green beans.
















Peach Whiskey Barbecue Chicken (from Pioneer Woman)
(Serves 6-8)

12 whole chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
375ml whiskey
340g barbecue sauce
325g peach jam
125ml water
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 peaches, pitted and sliced into 8 slices each 3 spring onions, thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 150C.

Heat the oil in a heavy pot over a medium-high heat. Place the chicken thighs, four at a time, in the pot, skin side down. Brown both sides, then remove to a plate and repeat until all chicken is browned.
Pour off half the grease, then return the pan to the stove. Add the onions to the pan and stir, cooking for 2 mins.

Pour the whiskey into the pot, being very careful if you're using an open flame. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan, allowing whiskey to reduce for a min or two.

Pour in the barbecue sauce, peach jam, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until combined, then return chicken to the pot, skin side up. Then throw in the peaches. Cover and put the pot in the oven. Cook for 1 1/2 hours, then remove from the oven.

 Serve the pieces of chicken over a big pile of mashed potato. Sprinkle sliced green onions over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment