Monday 30 November 2015

Meal Planning Monday

I have just spent a lovely weekend in Newcastle staying with my sister. On Saturday we took the Metro out to Tynemouth on the coast and went to Tynemouth market in the train station. It was a huge mishmash of stuff, but I managed to bag myself some beetroot sourdough bread.


After that we went to Tynemouth Priory and looked around the ruins. It was so windy though we were nearly blown over!


In the afternoon we headed back into Newcastle and went to the Arts and Crafts exhibition at the Laing Art Gallery, which was fantastic. I hadn't realised that Gertrude Jekyll was a contemporary of William Morris, nor that she designed the gardens at Lindisfarne Castle.

In the evening we went to the Tynemouth Sailing Club Prize giving Dinner and my sister won a cup! The meal was delicious, smoked salmon followed by risotto for me.



On Sunday we met my Godfather and his partner for brunch at The Quay Ingredient on the Quayside. I had a breakfast burrito, which wasn't very photogenic so I didn't take one, but it was stuffed with sausage, bacon, beans and has brown and was delicious. We then took a wander down the Quayside, but it was so windy that some of the stalls had blown over. I then headed back to the train and back to London.

This week is pretty busy too as we head towards the end of term and Christmas, which doesn't, in my head at least, start until the 1st December! On Tuesday I am going to see Four Minutes at Trafalgar Studios and on Thursday I am going to have a Christmas meal with some friends. On Saturday I am going out for brunch and then out for dinner and to see a sing-a-long Muppet Christmas Carol and then on Sunday I am going to the Wolseley for afternoon tea.

Monday 

Tuesday 
Out at Pizza Express before the theatre

Wednesday 
Black Lentil Dahl with Naan Bread
Salmon Burger

Thursday
Thai Squash Soup and a Scone
Out at a Christmas Dinner

Friday 
Curried Lamb Pittas with Coriander Raita (Cooking the WW Way)

Saturday 
Out for brunch at Foxcroft and Ginger
Out for dinner 

Sunday
Buffalo Burger
Out for afternoon tea 

No comments:

Post a Comment