Monday 12 October 2015

Meal Planning Monday

So sadly I was off sick for 2 days last week with my back, which is slowly improving day by day. In order to keep moving I made cookies and other sorts of baking delights, it is really lucky that my oven is at waist height so I didn't have to bend. I also went to a hat making workshop at The Cartoon Museum on Wednesday and made a tea cup fascinator, which has given me an idea for my costume for Book Week!




















Over the weekend I went to Vegfest on Saturday with friends and tried a plantain wrap for lunch. It was delicious if an awful lot of stodge! The fair was really interesting too and we tried lots of samples of different vegan foods.




















On Sunday I met a different friend and went to Thomas Carlyle's House in Chelsea and then for lunch on King's Road. The house was fascinating. Thomas Carlyle seemed to know everyone who was anyone in literature! The house also had a beautiful garden. We went to Le Pain Quotedien for lunch and Ian and Victoria Hislop were sitting behind us eating brunch! Given that I never see/notice anyone famous this was awesome!

Next week is busy too. I am going on an Artisan Bread Making Course on Tuesday night at The Dusty Knuckle and to the theatre on Wednesday and Friday. My Mum is coming for the weekend and we are going to a truffle making workshop on Saturday and then to the Liberty and Fashion exhibition at The Fashion and Textile Museum.

I have deliberately left the weekend unplanned as I'm not sure what we are doing about food!

Monday 
Chicken Makhani with Rice

Tuesday 
Beans and Sausage on Toast
Out at a cookery course

Wednesday 
Carrot and Caraway Soup with a Scone
Out at the theatre

Thursday 
Cheese and Onion Quiche with Salad
Salmon and Prawn Sandwich Pie with Crisps

Friday 
Smoked Trout Pate Sandwich 
Out at the theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment