Monday 27 July 2015

Meal Planning Monday

So it's been another busy week. On Monday I went on a tour of the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace, which was fab, they have some absolutely amazing pieces of embroidery. On Tuesday we went to Painting Paradise at The Queen's Gallery, which was a stunning and really interesting exhibition about gardens. They had some beautiful faberge flowers on display that were just gorgeous.

In the afternoon we went to Ladybird by Design at the House of Illustration, this was an exhibition all about Ladybird books which both my Mum and I remeber from growing up. The illustrations were fantastic and it was a wonderful nostalgia trip.

On Wednesday we went to Yauatcha for lunch. I love coming to Yauatcha, there dim sum is so good. We had a variety of dishes and I had a Tokyo Cooler to drink which was a non-alcoholic cocktail featuring peach and guava juice. I meant to do a whole write up - I took enough photos but this week seems to have disappeared.


Friday I went to the Coral Reefs and Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition at The Natural History Museum and stopped off in Soho on the way back to try Pilau. Pilau is a pop up serving Indian Wraps. You can choose from Butter Chicken, Lamb and Marrow or Spicy Paneer. I went with the paneer, which was an excellent choice. It's a bit like an Indian burrito in that it includes rice. The other additions I chose were shoestring bhaji, Indian slaw, red onions and lettuce. There was also the choice of three sauces, chilli, mango and apricot chutney and coriander yoghurt. I can't recommend this place highly enough, the paneer was lovely and soft and as a whole it just worked perfectly together. I apologise for the picture I'm not sure how else I could have shown you the inside!



I made one of my favourite sandwiches yesterday; Bun from the farmer's market, a ripe tomato with salt and pepper, buffalo mozzarella and home grown basil. Best Thing Ever!


Yesterday evening I did a Mexican Street Food Course at Recipease in Notting Hill with my sister. We made small corn tortillas and topped them with a sweetcorn salsa, chipotle chicken and tomato, spinach and feta. We also made guacamole and fresh tomato salsa. The meal was incredibly tasty and I loved the chicken, but it was nothing that I couldn't have got a recipe off the internet and done myself. Still it was good fun and I love picking up new recipes.


This week I'm back working for three days. All of the books are being moved out of the library so I have to go in and oversee. I'm also going to play at The Bush Theatre and to see Book of Mormon. Then on Thursday I go on my annual trip to Northumberland for a week and a bit. I'm really looking forward to leaving the big city for a while and chilling out. We have a trip to Edinburgh planned and various other things we might get up to, so no meal plan next week.

Monday 
Crab and Asparagus Quiche with Salad
Out before the theatre

Tuesday 
Salmon Sandwich Pie with Crisps
Courgette and Gnocchi Casserole (WW Cooking for Two)

Wednesday 
Out possibly
Chilli Con Carne Meatballs with Bulgar Wheat

Thursday
Mango Pork Burger
At my parents house

No comments:

Post a Comment