Sunday 24 May 2015

Spelt and Spinach Salad with Prosciutto and Pear

I made this quite by accident, I suddenly realised looking through the cookbook this recipe comes from that I had all the ingredients and so made a last minute change to my meal plan. It's not usually my sort of thing but as I know that parma ham goes well with melon I though I'd give it a go with pear and it was delicious, the spelt added extra bite.

















Spelt and Spinach Salad with Prosciutto and Pear from (Super Grains &Seeds by Amy Ruth Finegold)
(Serves 4)

200g spelt
handful fresh thyme
100g baby spinach
2 pears, sliced
12 slices prosciutto
salt and pepper

For the dressing
3 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
6 tbsp olive oil

Put the spelt in a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over a high heat and then cook according to packet instructions. When cooked, drain and leave to cool.

Make the dressing by whisking 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar together with the oil.

Pour the dressing over the spelt and sprinkle in the thyme. Mix in the spinach and season with salt and pepper.

Put the spelt, spinach and thyme mixture onto a plate or into a lunchbox, and layer the pears and prosciutto on top.

Drizzle the extra 1 1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar over the top and serve.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about spinach salad. Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete