Thursday 5 March 2015

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

I brought some mint chocolate chips back from the States and they've been sat in my cupboard ever since but I finally got around to making cookies with some of them. They were delicious, just a hint of mint. I guess you could add peppermint extract to them to make them more minty but I quite liked to subtle mintyness. I'm planning on making some brownies but does anyone have any other ideas of things I could make with them?


















Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Leiths Baking Bible)
(Makes 36)


115g butter, softened
85g caster sugar
85g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence 
1 egg, beaten     
140g plain flour  
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda 
pinch salt
250g mint chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 170C. 

Cream the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla. Gradually add the egg.  

Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and stir into the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. 

Place tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets. Allow for spreading. 

Bake in the middle of oven for 8-10 mins until pale golden, rotating the tray halfway through cooking.

Cool on the baking tray for 1 min then place on a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment