Monday 9 March 2015

Mediterranean Tuna Potato Salad

I haven't been making many of my lunches recently preferring to grab ready made stuff out the freezer. However, this week I have had a bit of time to make lovely salads and things. I'm not still 'doing' WeightWatchers but do any of us who've done it really stop applying their rules? I still weigh out pasta, rice and grains and eat more fruit, the snacks that I make are still within the limits I set myself. So in some ways I'm still following the WeightWatchers way even if I don't go and weigh in regularly.

I also still get sent their emails and use some of their recipes. This was a very simple tuna potato salad and although the dressing (tomato puree and lemon juice) is really low in calories it is still wonderful in this salad.


















Mediterranean Tuna Potato Salad
(Serves 4)
(4 WW ProPoints per serving)

500g new potatoes, cut into chunks
2 tbsp tomato purèe   
1 tbsp lemon juice or white wine vinegar 
200 g roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
8 cherry tomatoes, halved 
1 tbsp capers
50g olives
185g tuna in spring water, drained  
salt and pepper
1 tbsp basil, chopped

Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 mins, or until tender. Drain well and tip into a bowl. Add the tomato puree and lemon juice or vinegar. Mix well, then leave to cool.

Add the peppers to the potatoes with the tomatoes, capers, olives and basil. Break the tuna up into chunks and add to the bowl. Mix gently.

Season to taste with salt and pepper, then pack into a lunchbox or serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment