Thursday 19 March 2015

Golden Scallops with Sun-Blush Mash and Greens

This recipe has been on my radar for quite a while and when I got some scallops half price in Waitrose I knew I had to try it. I don;t have a food processor big enough so I just chopped the sun-dried tomatoes by hand and grated the cheese and mixed them in. I also changed the greens using what I had in the fridge. It was ok although I think I over cooked the scallops, I liked the combination with the bacon.


















Golden Scallops with Sun-Blush Mash and Greens (adapted from Jamie's 15 Minute Meals)
(Serves 4)

Sun-blush mash
800g potatoes
40g sundried tomatoes in oil
1 splash milk (optional)

Veg
200g tenderstem broccoli
200g green beans
200g sugar snap peas
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon

Scallops
4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
12 large scallops
oil
1/2 lemon

Slice the potatoes 1cm thick, put into a casserole pan then cover with boiling water and the lid.

Bring a pan of water to the boil and ad the broccoli, asparagus and peas, cook for 3 mins. Drain and toss with the extra virgin olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. Put into a serving bowl.

Crumble the cheese into a food processor, add the sundried tomatoes, half a tbsp of their oil and blitz well. Finely slice the bacon. Pat the scallops dry with kitchen towl, then score on one side in deep crisscross and season with salt and pepper. Put 1 tbsp oil into a frying pan, add the scallops score side down. Cook until lightly golden on boths ides, then add the bacon.

Drain the potatoes, tip into the processor and pulse up, loosen with a splash of milk is needed. Season and spoon onto a plate. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the scallops, shake and toss the pan then serve on top of the mash with the veg on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment