Monday 20 October 2014

Blackberry and Apple In and Out

I'm not sure about suet puddings although this was tasty it was a bit greasy from the suet I think. It was a bit different from a cobbler and I'm not sure that I'd bother making it again although I would like to try making a sponge pudding at some point which I think uses suet.



Blackberry and Apple In and Out
(From The Good Granny Cookbook - Jane Fearnley-Whittingstall

225g self-raising flour
113g shredded beef suet
3 Cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
large handful of blackberries
3 tbsp caster sugar
285ml milk

Preheat the oven to 190C.  Butter a 3l oven-proof dish.

Mix the flour, suet and sugar together.  Add enough milk to bring the mixture to a dropping consistency.  Fold in the apples and blackberries, gently.  

Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and then bake for 30-35 mins or until it is brown and crunchy on top. Eat warm, with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment