Monday 23 June 2014

Meal Planning Monday

Well last week was a bit busy! But I got through it and had a really lovely weekend. On Saturday my Mum and I went on a Cupcake and Macaron Tour around Covent Garden, Soho and Piccadilly. I had bought it as a present for her for Mother's Day and this was the first date we could find to go!

Our first stop was Lorraine Pascal's Cupcake Bakehouse, where we re treated to a mini cupcake. I had a cherry one and my mum had red velvet. They are supposed to have 20% less fat and sugar than the average cupcake and no cream cheese in the icing. They were very light but not as good as what followed! Our second stop was at La Duree in the piazza in Covent Garden, where we tasted macarons, we then went on to Sweet Couture, where I had an Oreo cupcake and my Mum had a carrot cake cupcake, both were absolutely delicious and we thought the pick of the bunch.






















We then wandered on to the Hummingbird Bakery to try their famous red velvet cupcake, which although delicious wasn't as good as Sweet Couture. Our next stop was Yauatcha, a Japanese Dim Sum restaurant that also make macarons. I had Rhubarb and Vanilla and Mango and Passion fruit and my Mum had Lavender and Salted Caramel. The shell of the macaron was definitely best here but the flavours were a bit hit and miss. The lavender didn't really taste very lavendery and the mango and passion fruit had chocolate in the middle and as consequence all we could taste was chocolate. However, the Rhubarb and Vanilla was scrumptious and the salted caramel was as good as the ones my Mum made for my birthday. We then wandered on to Patisserie Valerie on Old Compton Street and had a truffle and a macaron. The macaron were ok, my lemon one didn't really taste of anything, but the raspberry was better. Our final stop was Fortnum and Mason were we chose from their vast array of macaron. I went with white chocolate ganache, which was divine and my Mum had strawberry and champagne which was also really delicious. The tour included history of the area as well as tastings and our guide was really knowledgeable. All in all it was a really lovely way to spend an afternoon and several of the cupcakes/macaron came in boxes, so rather than eating everything there and then we came home with stuff as well.

This week is again busy at work, the evenings are much quieter though, hopefully giving me a chance to rest and recuperate! I had real problems bringing this meal plan together, but I finally finished it yesterday evening! So hurrah I know what I'm eating for the next week!


 












Monday
Raclette Tart and Salad

Tuesday
Chicken, Mushroom and Bacon Alfredo Bake

Wednesday 
Chicken Tikka and Lentil Salad (Jamies 15 Minute Meals)
Steak Noodle Bowl (Jamie's 15 Minute Meals)

Thursday
Cucumber and Cream Cheese Wrap with Crisps

Friday
Veal Burger 

Saturday
Sausage Sandwich

Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment