Sunday 4 May 2014

Salmon and Broccoli Rice Bake

This was really really tasty. I love any kind of casserole and I'm really getting into my rice bakes. It was really easy to make and although the cream of mushroom soup makes it kind of trailer trash I guess, it would be really easy to feed a crowd.

I also had a hilarious time trying to get the tin open. I only have a "magic" tin opener that opens tins at the side, but the rim on this tin was too wide so it was barely cutting into the tin. I ended up having to ask my neighbour if I could borrow her tin opener and arrived on her doorstep clutching my partially opened tin of salmon! Thankfully she had a normal tin opener and we successfully opened it!
















Salmon and Broccoli Rice Bake (method adapted from The English Kitchen)
(Serves 4)

200g rice
1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets
2 small tins of boneless skinless salmon, flaked
1 tin of condensed mushroom soup, undiluted
1 small bottle of Caesar salad dressing
2 handfuls of  Ritz crackers, crushed
100g cheddar, grated

Preheat the oven to 200C.  Grease a 1l casserole dish.

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to packet instructions, adding the broccoli for the last 3 mins, drain.

Put the rice, broccoli, salmon, mushroom soup and Caesar salad dressing into a large bowl and mix well until combined. Tip out into the casserole dish. Sprinkle the cheddar over the top and then sprinkle over the crushed crackers.

Bake for 25-30 mins, until the casserole is bubbling and the top is golden brown. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment