Monday 19 May 2014

Meal Planning Monday

Last week just disappeared. You know when there are just not enough hours in the day to do everything? Last week felt like that. Some stuff is easily left until half term which starts on Saturday, hurrah! Other things just seemed to take forever!

I went to a really interesting talk at the V&A on Wednesday about the Vivien Leigh Archive, which they acquired last year. Some of it is on display in the theatre and performance galleries at the museum but most is away in storage so it was really good to get the opportunity to see what they have and also learn more about her. I also went to Byron Burger to try their Miami Slice burger, the special for this month, my friend and I agreed that it was ok but nothing special and the pork scratchings were a bit pointless.

I had a lovely if busy weekend as my parents were here. On Saturday we went to The Orange Tree theatre in Richmond and saw a very amusing play called School for Scheming. Then on Sunday my neighbour took me to a garden centre and then I pottered about in the garden and did some baking. I've got some beautiful flowers coming out in the garden including my fabulous iris.
















This week is rather busy! I am going to the theatre four times and eating out on three of those nights. So apart from lunches not much planning is required.














Monday
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Out before the theatre

Tuesday
Kale Soup and Bread
Squid with Hummus and Pine Nuts (The Times, Eat)

Wednesday
Smoked Trout and Bulgar Wheat Salad
Spanish Meatballs (WW book)

Thursday
Pancake Bites
Out before the theatre

Friday
Out with colleagues
Out before the theatre

Saturday
Tomato Tarte Tatin with Salad
Salad
Baked Ham

No comments:

Post a Comment