Saturday 3 May 2014

Chocolate Banana Muffins

The original recipe made big muffins but I turned them into mini ones so that I could give them too the girls at Mad Hatters. The mixture makes about 12 big ones. I also gave some to my next door neighbour, whose hands you can see in the picture, and my sister. I realised last night I'd forgotten to take a picture and so panicking  I knocked on my neighbours door and asked if she had any left! Luckily she had two so I took a quick shot of them. The girls had woolfed mine down yesterday! With hindsight I think they would have been better with the addition of chocolate chips but were actually very tasty as they were, I just like the chips as a bit of a contrasting texture.
















Mini Chocolate Banana Muffins (from Recipes from a Pantry)
(Makes 40ish)
 
3 very ripe bananas
2 tsp lemon juice
125ml vegetable oil
2 large eggs
100g soft brown sugar
225g plain flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
 
Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a mini muffin tin with muffin cases.
 
First mash the banana together with the lemon juice in a large bowl, then add the oil, when the mixture is combined, add in the eggs and sugar.
 
Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and bicarbonate of soda and mix until just combined. The batter might be slightly lumpy.
 
Using a teaspoon, spoon the batter into the muffin cases. Bake the muffins for 10-12 mins or until the muffins are dark and risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment