Monday 28 April 2014

Meal Planning Monday

I have been off work for three weeks for the Easter holidays, but I am back to work today, with only four weeks to go until half term and so much to cram in. I have had a fantastic break, the last week I have spent pottering in the garden getting everything ready for the summer. These are just some of the plants I have to put in. I've already put in broad beans and lettuce plants as well as a few perennials I bought and the seeds I planted a month or so ago. I love this time of year.



I also went to see my parents for a couple of days last week. My Mum and I went out for lunch to Lyveden New Bield a local National Trust Property where she volunteers. The Sandwich we had was so good that I thought it worth photographing. It's a smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich but I love what the chef Mel did with it, making a kind of club sandwich.



Lastly I wanted to share the gorgeous sundae glasses I brought back from New York. I bought them in a cook shop called Fish's Eddy and I love the shape of them. They are also not all that wide so perfect for small portions of ice cream.
















This week it's back to reality with a bump. There has been a tube strike called for Tuesday and Wednesday so I am decamping to my sisters. Given that I've pretty much been away for three weeks already, I'm feeling rather sorry for poor Smudge who, although my neighbour is feeding her, has been left on her own and I would really rather spend time at home. I'm going to a talk tonight at the V&A and to Pilates on Thursday. I'm also rather hoping that going back to work will get my body clock right as I'm still jet lagged and finding really hard to get to sleep. Fingers crossed!














Monday
Out before a talk

Tuesday
Sorrel and Goat's Cheese Quiche with Salad
Whatever I can find!

Wednesday
Lunch at School

Thursday
Asparagus and Ham Wrap with Crisps
Cheesy Panade with Salad

Friday
Lamb Chops with Mash and Veg

Saturday
Tomato Tarte Tatin with Salad

1 comment: