Wednesday 30 April 2014

Hummus and Roast Veg Wrap

Really this was a clear out the fridge sandwich last week. I haven't really been in my house for the last month, I was away for two weeks, then I went home for a few days and now because of the tube strike I've decamped to my sisters for a few days. It's been really lovely to see everyone but I can't wait to get back to my flat this evening and see young Smudge. It also means that I didn't have all that much food in my flat, although I did go and do a big shop at the weekend and had a trip to the Farmer's Market in Walthamstow, which I found was surprisingly good. I got some faggots to try, as well as wild garlic, cavolo nero and purple sprouting broccoli. All of which I can't wait to try.

This is a really simpleuse stuff from the fridge sandwich with a lovely flavour. You could also add a handful of olives or some feta if you have it.
















Hummus and Roast Veg Wrap
(Serves 1)

1/4 aubergine, diced
1 wholemeal flatbread
1 tbsp hummus
1/2 roasted red pepper
2 artichoke hearts, quartered
handful salad leaves

Preheat the oven to 200C. Spray the aubergine with cooking spray and bake for 20-30 mins until golden.

Heat the flatbread in the microwave for 15-20 secs to soften. Spread the hummus over the wrap and then top with the veg and salad. Roll up tucking in the ends.

Heat a griddle and place the wrap on the griddle turning it over so that it gets those nice charred marks on it. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment