Sunday 23 February 2014

Swede Chips

I've been experimenting with oven chips recently. I never seem to have enough room in the freezer for frozen oven fries so I tend to make my own. These worked really well, they were crispier than the butternut squash fries I made a couple of weeks ago and had a lovely flavour. They went really well with the veggie burger.

















Swede Chips
(Serves 4)
(0 WW ProPoints per serving)

1 large swede, peeled and cut into chips
cooking spray
1 tbsp dried thyme
salt and pepper
Heat oven to 200C. Put the swede into a shallow roasting tin. Sprinkle over the thyme, season and spray with cooking spray. Toss well to make sure everything is covered in cooking spray and then arrange in a single layer in the tin.

Roast for 30-35 mins, turning halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment