Sunday 16 February 2014

Smoked Mackerel and Cream Cheese Pate

This is a recipe that I was given when I was about 11 doing cookery club at school. I loved it and this I cut out a stuck into =one of my cookery books. This is not the most healthy of pates but it is delicious.





















Smoked Mackerel and Cream Cheese Pate
(Serves 4)

75g butter, softened
175g cream cheese
350g smoked mackerel, skinned and flaked
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped chives
pepper
25g butter

Cream together the butter and cheese, stir in the fish, lemon juice, chives and pepper. Beat until the mixture is smooth.

Divide the pate between four ramekins and smooth the tops. Melt the butter and pour it over the dishes, so that the butter forms a thin even film. Place a bay leaf in to garnish each dish.

Cover the dishes with cling film and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment