Wednesday 19 February 2014

Pulled Pig's Cheeks in Buns

This is what I did with the leftovers from the Braised Pig's Cheeks I made a few weeks ago and it delicious. I mean who doesn't like pulled meat and barbecue sauce?! I've also since found lots of recipes for pig's cheeks that I want to try so I'll definitely be buying some more of this delicious and cheap meat. The potato salad in the original recipe looks yummy too but I didn't have any yoghurt so just had it with crisps.
















Pulled Pig's Cheeks in Buns (from Reluctant Housedad)
(Serves 2-4)

4 cooked pig’s cheeks
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp sugar
burger buns or brioche rolls

Pre-heat the oven to 150C. Put the pig's cheeks in a roasting tin.

Mix everything except the pig's cheeks together to form a sauce. Brush half of the sauce over the pig's cheeks.

Put them in a low oven for 20-25 mins, until the cheeks have reheated.

Remove from the oven and transfer to a chopping board. Using two forks, shred the pork cheeks into strands.

Pile the shredded pig's cheeks onto lightly grilled burger buns and top with the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment