Sunday 9 February 2014

Healthy Ranch Dressing

As ranch dressing is really difficult to find over here I decided to make my own to go over the salad I posted yesterday. It was really easy to make. I couldn't be bothered to get my food processor out so I just chopped and mixed it all by hand. The quantities in the recipe below make a lot of dressing!
















Healthy Ranch Dressing (from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen)
(makes approx 1 pint)

250ml low fat mayonnaise
125ml plain Greek yogurt 
handful Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
2 tbsp dill, chopped
1 tbsp chives, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
dash hot sauce
juice 1 lemon
125ml low fat buttermilk

In a food processor or blender combine all of the ingredients and blend until thorough combined.

Pour into an airtight container and chill for 1 to 2 hours before using.

Thin with more buttermilk if needed.

1 comment: