Monday 27 January 2014

Tomato Salad with Avocado, Tuna and Lime

I was looking for something fresh tasting to do with avocado and tomatoes and looking through my pinterest I came across this recipe. I adapted it slightly to my taste, less coriander and I added some lettuce as a base to provide a bit more crunch and just food generally to make it enough for lunch. It was delicious, I am definitely more enamoured with the delights of tinned tuna and it's pretty much a staple in my cupboard now.
















Tomato Salad with Avocado, Tuna and Lime (from Kalyn's Kitchen)
(Serves 2)

1 avocado, cut into chunks
salt to taste
1 can tuna chunks
3 tomatoes, cut into chunks
3 spring onions, sliced
1 tbsp coriander
3 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
1 Romaine/Cos lettuce, shredded

Put avocado pieces into a plastic bowl and toss with 1 tbsp of lime juice. Season with salt and add the tomatoes.

Drain the tuna well, flake apart slightly with a fork, and add to the bowl with avocado and tomatoes. Add the spring onions and coriander, season and then stir very gently to combine.

Whisk together the rest of the lime juice and the olive oil. Add the dressing to the salad and stir so that everything is coated, but not so much that the tuna breaks up. 

Place the lettuce into serving bowls/lunchbox and then spoon the tuna mixture over the top. Serve.

1 comment: