Thursday 9 January 2014

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

This is a great recipe to use up leftovers, I used up leftover roast chicken and ham from Boxing Day. Mine ended up a bit watery, I'm not sure why. I panicked and added in some cornflour mixed with milk as I thought it wouldn't thicken and I think I possibly should have just left the recipe alone! I will try it again properly to see if that works better! Otherwise it was tasty and cheesy!
















Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole (from Six Sisters Stuff)
(Serves  6)

170g stuffing mix
400g tin cream of chicken soup
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
150g cooked ham, chopped
150g emmental or gruyere, grated

Preheat oven to 180C.

Prepare the stuffing according to packet instructions.

Mix the soup and mustard in medium bowl; stir in the chicken, broccoli and ham. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and spoon the mixture in. Top with 3/4s of the cheese and then the stuffing and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 35 to 40 mins golden on top.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this sounds amazing! Serious comfort food!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete