Thursday 14 November 2013

Salmon Panzanella Salad

I love making panzanella with all the fresh tomatoes from my garden. This was made using the last of my tomatoes and some green beans from a friends allotment. It was ok, I didn't think it was that full of flavour and the salmon felt a bit like an added extra but I did get one of my oily fish!
















Salmon Panzanella Salad (from Simple Nourished Living)
(Serves 4)

3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ tsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
225g green beans, cut into 1in pieces, cooked
1/2 baguette cut into cubes
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, thinly sliced
handful basil leaves, torn
2 tins salmon, drained and skin and bones removed
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until well combined.
Put the beans, bread, tomatoes, red onion, and basil in a large bowl. Add the dressing and gently toss to coat. Leave it to stand for 15 mins to allow the flavours to blend.
Flake the salmon with a fork. Add it to the salad and toss gently to combine. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment