Thursday 17 October 2013

Courgette Crust Pizza

A few weeks ago I made a Cauliflower Crust Pizza, which wasn't a huge success, so I thought I'd try Courgette Crust Pizza and this was much much better. The base stuck together better and it was more interesting. I topped my pizza with chorizo, cherry tomatoes, chicken and onion. I will definitely be making this again next year when I have lots of courgette!





















Courgette Crust Pizza (from Closet Cooking)
(Serves 2-4)

2 large courgette, shredded
60g mozzarella, shredded
30g Parmesan, grated
1 egg
1 tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
 
Preheat the oven to 200C.
 
Microwave the courgette on high for 6 minutes, let cool, place it in a tea towel and squeeze as much moisture out as you can.

Mix together the courgette, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl. Press the mixture onto a baking mat or greaseproof paper lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 15-20 mins or until lightly golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment