Tuesday 17 September 2013

Teriyaki Portobello Mushroom Burgers

So I'm backfilling as I forgot to set up my scheduled post for yesterday. I went on training about book groups to try and get more ideas about sessions and things I can do with my book groups. It was really interesting and I came away with lots of ideas and a Winnie the Witch bag!! I ate this burger earlier in the summer and it was delicious, lovely and juicy and I loved the Asian flavours. My choice of accompaniments was avocado, cherry tomato and radish.
















Teriyaki Portbello Mushroom Burgers (from Food to Glow)
(Serves 4)

4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
4 portobello mushrooms, wiped cleaned

4 tbsp mayonnaise
1-2 tsp wasabi paste

Whisk together the marinade. Place the mushrooms into a large dish and pour over most of the marinade. Toss the mushrooms and marinade. Brush the rest of the marinade over the onion slices and place the slices in the dish. Cover and leave for 15 minutes to one hour

Meanwhile,  mix the mayonnaise with the wasabi paste.

When you are ready to cook, put the griddle pan on the stove on a medium heat, brushing with a little oil.

Shake off and save the excess marinade from the veggies and place the mushroom on the griddle. Cook over a medium heat for about 5-8 minutes on one side, then turn down the heat a little, add the onions and cook for a further 7-10 minutes, turning the onions half way through. Baste with the leftover marinade or a little oil if the vegetables look a bit dry.

Assemble the burgers and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment