Thursday 15 August 2013

Quinoa, Puy Lentil and Halloumi Salad with Courgette

I have been experimenting with grains over the last few weeks and I finally found some reasonably priced quinoa. I seem to have picked up a back of bulgar mixed with quinoa though so I'm testing the grain out gently! I made this delicious salad using the first of the courgettes from my garden and it was delicious, really filling and wholesome. I felt like I was doing something good for my body!




















Quinoa, Puy Lentil and Halloumi Salad with Courgette (from Great British Chefs)
(Serves 4-6)

185g quinoa
430ml vegetable stock (1 cube)
250g ready to eat puy lentils
1 large courgette, sliced diagonally
250g light halloumi
 
For the dressing
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 small handful mint
1 small handful basil
1 small handful coriander
pepper
 
Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a fine mesh sieve. Put the quinoa into a pan with the hot stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then leave to sit for a few minutes. Fluff the quinoa up with a fork.
 
Mix the quinoa with the puy lentils in a large bowl. Whizz together all the dressing ingredients and pour over the quinoa and lentils. Mix well.
 
Dry fry the halloumi in a hot pan until golden on both sides. Brush the courgette slices with a little olive oil and cook on a hot griddle pan until lightly charred.
 
Ladle the salad onto a large serving plate and top with slices of halloumi and courgette.

No comments:

Post a Comment