Saturday 1 June 2013

Spiced Salmon with Coriander Mash

This wasn't the most successful dish. As you can see I burnt the salmon, but that is the skin you can see and it was lovely and just undercooked inside. I've added the instruction to turn it over for the last 2-3 mins to the recipe below as I think it would be nice to brown the top as well. t also wasn't all that flavourful. I think I need a spicier curry paste. I used tikka masala paste and even for me, who has problems with chilli, this wasn't hot enough.

I served the dish with aubergines sprinkled with a tsp of garam masala and fried. They were delicious as was the coriander mash. I really should try adding things to my mash more often.
















Spiced Salmon with Coriander Mash (adapted from Good Food Magazine November 2003)
(Serves 4)

1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 tsp tikka paste or tandoori paste
200g tub Greek yoghurt
4 salmon fillets
25g low fat spread
1 pack fresh coriander, chopped (a large handful)
4 tbsp or so milk

Boil the potatoes for about 12 minutes until tender. Turn on the grill. Stir the spice paste into 4 tbsp of the yogurt and smear the mixture all over the salmon. Put the salmon in a large heatproof dish, skin side up, and grill for 10 minutes turning over for the last 2-3 mins to brown the top of the salmon.

Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. Add the remaining yogurt with the spread, coriander and milk. Now mash the ingredients together or use an electric hand whisk to beat the mash to a really creamy texture, adding extra milk if necessary.

Pile on plates, serve with the salmon and drizzle with the cooking juices.

1 comment:

  1. Still looks lovely to me - and I've been having such a salmon craving recently I might have to give it a try. I tend to opt for a madras paste as my fridge stand by as I find it has a decent amount of spice without toooo much heat.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete