Wednesday 22 May 2013

Super-Green Mackerel Salad

This is an awesome salad! It has so many healthy elements to it and counted as one of my 2 oily fish for the week, as well as all the green veg and the seeds. I'm not finding it all that difficult to fit oily fish into my weekly regime. I think the key is in the planning so that I know what I'm eating when and make sure I have two portions. I love fish anyway and I'm trying to eat less red meat so having to eat more fish can only be a good thing. I think it is also helping to improve my mood a little too, because that's definitely not down to an abundance of sunlight!
















Super-Green Mackerel Salad (adapted from Good Food Magazine January 2013)
(Serves 1)

85g green beans
85g thin-stemmed broccoli
large handful baby spinach leaves
1 smoked mackerel fillet, skinned and flaked
2 tsp pumpkin seeds, toasted

For the dressing
1-2 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 tsp dill, chopped, plus extra to serve
black pepper

Boil a pan of water. Add the broccoli and green beans and cook for 4 mins. Drain, run under cold water until cool, then drain well.

To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small jam jar, put the lid on and give it a good shake.

To serve, mix together the cooked veg with the spinach and pack into a lunchbox, put the mackerel on top and scatter over the sunflower seeds. Pack the dressing separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment