Monday 13 May 2013

Salmon Rarebit

This was the second meal I made with the pot of cottage cheese I had and it was much better than the first. Putting the cottage cheese on top of the chunky salmon made the curds seem less obvious somehow and the addition of cheddar pepped up the flavour. I would definitely eat cottage cheese in this way again. I think I might try using it in a lasagne or baked pasta dish and see how I like that.
















Salmon Rarebit (from Good Food Magazine February 2006)
(Serves 1)

1 slice granary or wholemeal bread
½ can salmon, drained and flaked
1-2 spring onions, thinly sliced
pepper
2 tbsp cottage cheese
1 tsp grated horseradish
1 tbsp coarsely grated cheddar or red Leicester cheese

Preheat the grill.

Toast the bread lightly in a toaster or under the grill.

Mix the salmon and spring onions together and season with pepper. Spread onto the bread. Mix together the cottage cheese, horseradish and cheese. Spoon on top of the salmon.

Grill for 3-4 mins or until the topping starts to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment