Thursday 23 May 2013

Salmon Hash

This dish is going to become one of my store cupboard staples. Everything in it came out of my cupboards and I already had everything in. It's really simple to make and not very time consuming in terms of prep work. I was busy running about doing other stuff while this cooked and it was really tasty, a lovely homey dish. I think I might have a go at making corned beef hash next.
















Salmon Hash
(Serves 2)

250g potatoes, peeled
4 tbsp milk
1/2-1 tbsp butter/low fat spread
2-3 spring onions, chopped
1 can salmon, chunked
90g frozen sweetcorn
50g cheddar cheese, grated
1 tomato, sliced

Put the potatoes in a pan and cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 mins until tender. Add the sweet corn for the last 5 mins. Drain, pick out the potatoes, return to the pan and mash with milk and butter.

Preheat the oven to 200C.

Mix the salmon, sweetcorn, spring onions and half the cheese with the mash potato. Put the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Place the tomato slices on top.

Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins until golden brown and the cheese has melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment