Monday 6 May 2013

Prawns in Avocado Yoghurt Sauce

I love a traditional prawn cocktail. We had it a lot at home when I was a child but sometimes I want soomething a little bit different and this makes a nice change from prawn cocktail. It's refreshing and creamy. I served it on a bed of salad with plently of crusty bread to mop up the leftover sauce!
















I have also been growing sprouts and I sprinkled a few alfalfa sprouts over the lettuce leaves for this salad and they added a lovely extra flavour. However people don't seem to be selling sprouting seeds anymore, all I could get were alfalfa and mung bean seeds, I'm not sure if this is because they have gone out of fashion and been overtaken by people wanting to grow more exotic fare, in the garden centre they had seeds for mooli and calaloo! But I still love them and I love the fact that I can grow them on my window sill and see them growing and that they appear in a week or so! It's so much fun.
















Prawns in Avocado Yoghurt Sauce (adapted from Better Recipes)
(Serves 4)

375ml plain low-fat yogurt
2 avocados, peeled, stoned
1 garlic clove, peeled, chopped roughly
juice 1 lime
salt
1 chilli, halved, seeds and membranes removed
small bunch coriander leaves
300g cooked, peeled prawns
 
Put all of the ingredients, excluding the prawns into a blender and blend until smooth and mixed together.
 
Add in the prawns and stir until the prawns are well covered.
 
Serve on a bed of salad or in a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment