Monday 13 May 2013

Meal Planning Monday

This week is hopefully fairly relaxed. Nothing too taxing on the horizon, just a trip to the school archives for the Year 5s which they love and I love teaching. It's amazing how excited they get by the rolling shelves!! Other than that lots of zumba, dinner out tonight, a trip to the theatre and hopefully I'm off to see The Great Gatsby on Thursday evening. Then my Mum is coming down for the weekend, hence no plan and we are going to Hyde Hall for the day and to a family 70th birthday party on Sunday.

One of my weekend highlights was meeting my sister for tea yesterday afternoon at The Parlour in Fortnums. We had the delicious, if rather small, strudels to share and I had a Fortnum's Mint Refresher Float, which I can highly recommend. But even better than that were the gingerbread men she brought me. Last weekend she went to Berlin and bought cutters of the men on the traffic lights, which she then used to make gingerbread traffic light men.
















There are two different sorts, walk and don't walk and they are so cool and very tasty to boot! They reminded me how much I love gingerbread, so I'm going to have a go at making some myself in the near future.

The food this week is really simple, lots of salads as we seem to have something approaching summer weather at the moment. The salmon hash I'm making on Thursday came from a recipe on the Meal Planning Monday linky but I can't find it again. So I apologise that when I post the recipe I can't attribute it to anyone. However, if it's your recipe please let me know. It's basically tinned salmon, sweetcorn and mash mixed together, then fried for a bit before being put in the oven.














Monday
Smoked Mackerel Super Salad
Out for dinner at Itsu with friends

Tuesday
Tartiflette and Salad
Lemon, Asparagus and Salami Orzo Salad

Wednesday
Southwestern Bean Salad with Doritos
Salmon Hash

Thursday
Hummus, Aubergine, Red Pepper and Halloumi Wrap wth Crisps
Chicken Taco Bowls

Friday
Merguez Couscous Salad
Out at the Cinema - probably Subway

As always I'm linking up with Mrs M check out her blog for more meal planning ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Fab meal plan...Everything sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off to The Great Gatsby on Thursday night too! Bit too scared to plan salady stuff up here in Scotland quite yet.

    ReplyDelete