Thursday 2 May 2013

Crab Sushi Salad

I only have brown sushi rice at the moment and the first time I tried to make this salad I cooked the rice according to what I knew from making white sushi rice and it failed, I ended up with crunchy lumps of rice. So second time round I actually read the packet! All I had to do was add a bit more water. This is a delicious Asian inspired salad, I've been growing sprouts recently so I decided to add a few of them, but if you haven't got any they are not integral to the dish.

I also as you can see took this to work for lunch. I packed almost everything up the day before, but did the avocado in the morning to try and stop it going brown. I also packed the dressing in a separate tub and poured that over when I got to lunch time.
















Crab Sushi Salad
(Serves 1)

60g sushi rice
1 spring onion, chopped
4 slices cucumber, diced
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/2 tin lump meat crab
handful alfalfa sprouts

for the dressing
rice wine vinegar
pinch sugar
1/4 tsp wasabi powder

Cook the rice according to packet instructions, I do mine in a rice cooker as I find it easier.

In a small bowl mix together the ingredients for the dressing.

Layer up the ingredients and pour over the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment