Monday 15 April 2013

Salmon and Wild Rice Salad

I have had a bit of break from blogging not really purposefully more that I just didn't have time, there were so many things to do in the holidays! New York was amazing and I had a really fun time especially coming home with lots of goodies from the supermarket!
















We went to the theatre almost every night and I got to see all the exhibitions I wanted to see too. I didn't want to come home! Then I've spent the rest of my time catching up with friends, cleaning my flat and just generally sorting things out and of course there was lots of zumba!! This is a lovely salmon rice salad that I had just before we broke up for the holidays. It was really tasty and I loved the zingy vinaigrette.
















Salmon and Wild Rice Salad (adapted from Tesco Real Food)
(Serves 8)

500g salmon
100ml olive oil
2 large lemons, juiced
500g long grain and wild rice
250g green beans, halved
1tbsp English mustard
½ cucumber, deseeded and sliced
15g dill, chopped

Preheat the oven to 200°C.

Put the salmon on a large piece of foil, drizzle with 1tbsp of the oil, a squeeze of lemon and season. Fold up the sides of the foil to make a sealed parcel. Put on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.

Meanwhile, cook the rice following the pack instructions, adding the green beans for the last 3 mins. Drain and cool under the cold tap. 

Make a dressing by mixing together the remaining oil, lemon juice, mustard and most of the dill, in a jug.

Put the rice, beans and cucumber in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Flake the salmon and toss through the rice, reserving a little extra to serve. Serve topped with the remaining salmon and dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment