Monday 29 April 2013

Meal Planning Monday

Last week's plan went to plan I think, I finished up the chicory, and both the dishes I made from it were delicious. The chicory and blue cheese gratin went so well with the steak and chips. I also loved the pork loin in a mushroom paprika sauce. The paprika in my cupboard has been at around for a while and I thought it had probably lost some of its potency so I went for hot rather than sweet and was a bit too liberal, it was rather hot! Delicious though once my mouth had got its head around the spice!

The only downside food wise was Brasserie Blanc which was something of a disappointment. We went for the pre-theatre menu, which changes every month, and I didn't really fancy anything on the menu either starter wise or for pudding so I went with the safe option and chose leek and potato soup, this is what I got:
















Far too dark for leek and potato soup, it tasted more watercressy than anything, but the waiter, despite me telling him twice that I didn't think it was leek and potato soup, didn't go and check what it was I was eating, just insisted that it was leek and potato. It also wasn't served with any bread which I thought was a bit strange as even places which serve soup much cheaper than this give you a hunk of bread. The main also wasn't anything exciting. I didn't hate the place and would go back and see if they could do any better when the menu changes, but it was a very underwhelming experience.

This week is busy busy busy, two lots of zumba, weightwatchers and then two trips to the theatre at the end of the week, so meals are correspondingly quick and easy this week.














Monday
Asian Shin of Beef with Noodles
Roasted Veg and Israeli Couscous

Tuesday
Prawns with Avocado Yoghurt Sauce
Lemony Chicken Stir Fry

Wednesday
WW Carbonara and Salad
Cheeseburger

Thursday
Smoked Mackerel Pate Wrap or Pitta and Crisps
Out at the theatre

Friday
Quiche and Salad
Veal or Lamb Steak with Artichoke and Broccoli Fettucine

Saturday
Out for the day
Sausage and Fennel Pasta or Lasagne

Sunday
Breaded Veal with Japanese Curry Sauce and Rice
Chicken and Garlic Mayo Sandwich with Crisps

As always head over to Mrs M's blog to get more delicious Meal Plan ideas

2 comments:

  1. That doesn't look like leek and potato soup...Too green!!
    All your meals sound delicious! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the first person I've heard of being underwhelmed by a Brasserie Blanc which rather puts me off going. And no, that soup does not look like leek and potato at all.

    As to the meal plan - gorgeous sounding as always, especially those mushroom wellingtons!

    Have a lovely week.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete