Wednesday 13 February 2013

Polenta Pizza

Whilst I call this Polenta Pizza, it isn't really pizza. The base didn't go crispy at all. I suspect that I needed to bake the base before putting the toppings on top and then cook again with the toppings, but none of the recipes I browsed through suggested that. So it didn't make me like polenta any more! However, the tomato and lentil sauce did make a brilliant pizza sauce. I think I'm next going to try the polenta in a cake.
















Polenta Pizza
(Serves 1)

200g cooked polenta
1 portion tomato and lentil sauce
3 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 artichokes in oil, halved
5-6 slices smoked sausage
1 tsp capers
1 sun dried tomato, sliced
1/4 ball mozzarella, sliced

Preheat the oven to 220C.

Line a medium-sized ovenproof frying pan with greaseproof paper and evenly spread the cooked polenta on top.

Spread a layer of the tomato and lentil and tomato sauce on top of the polenta. Place the cherry tomatoes, artichokes, smoked sausage and sun dried tomatoes on top of the sauce, sprinkle over the capers and put the mozzarella on top. Bake in the oven for 10 mins, or until golden.

Serve with a green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment