Tuesday 8 January 2013

Triple Chocolate Brownies

Many of you who know me, or who have been reading this blog for a while, will know that I sadly lost one of my close friends in June of last year. Sunday just gone would have seen her 29th birthday. For the past few years she had a party at her parents home and we would drink cocktails, eat Mexican food (usually quesadillas and fajitas), and have brownie for pudding, or if not pudding, then breakfast the morning after. So to mark the occasion I had Mexican for dinner on Saturday and made the triple chocolate brownies that she is famous for.

I cannot tell you how amazing these brownies are. One of the comments on my facebook when I posted that I was making them was: "Oh! Those brownies! Once tasted you'll never eat any other." It's so true! Even the book group liked them four days on, they hadn't gone stale. I got the recipe from her so I'm not sure what the true origin of the brownies is, so I apologise for not acknowledging my source, but they are the most chocolatey, fudgyest brownies ever and you'll totally regret not making them at least once!
















Bryony's Triple Chocolate Brownies
(makes 20)
225g butter
200g plain chocolate
50g milk chocolate
3 large eggs
325g golden caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
150g plain flour
200g white chocolate, chopped

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Line a cake tin approximately 20cm square and 6cm deep,with greaseproof paper. Melt the butter, plain and milk chocolate together in a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.

In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. When the chocolate has cooled, whisk in the egg mixture then fold in the flour and white chocolate.

Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 - 30 minutes until the top is is crisp and pale and the centre is almost set. Allow to cool in the tin then cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment