Saturday 12 January 2013

Roasted Aubergine and Goat's Cheese Pasta

My Mum regularly shops in Waitrose and collects their recipe cards whenever she sees them and then distributes them between me and my sister! I then put them in the front of my handwritten recipe book and generally forget about them...sorry Mum! However, once in a while I want a recipe out that book and find them all again! This recipe is one of those! I had half an aubergine and some goat's cheese that needed using and this recipe fell out of the book! Prefect!

However, I like sauce with my pasta, be it creamy or tomato based and clearly this didn't have that so it wasn't quite to my taste but the flavours did go well together and it was really easy to make.
















Roasted Aubergine and Goat's Cheese Pasta (from a Waitrose Recipe Card)
(Serves 2)

1 medium aubergine, cut into wedges
1 red onion, cut into wedges
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
8 leaves fresh basil, shredded, plus a few whole leaves for garnishing
150g pasta shapes 
100g goat’s cheese
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted

Preheat the oven to 220°C.

Arrange the aubergine and onion in a small roasting tin. Scatter over the chopped garlic, olive oil and shredded basil leaves. Season. Roast for 20–25 minutes, stirring once or twice until tender and charred.

Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to packet instructions.

Drain the pasta and toss with the cooked vegetables, goat’s cheese, pine nuts and seasoning. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with a green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment