Thursday 17 January 2013

Courgette and Ricotta Cannelloni

Over the last few months I have seen lots of lasagnes with wavy edged pasta popping up on various blogs that I read such as these Spinach Lasagne Rolls from SkinnyTaste and I wanted some, they look so pretty! But I couldn't find any anywhere! Anyway on my recent trip to Rome we came across several shops that seemed to pretty much just sell pasta and I found some! I was so excited! I also should have bought some chocolate pasta, since coming back I keep thinking of things I could eat with it!
















I knew I wanted to make some kind of cannelloni roll type thing with these lasagne sheets and use the grated courgettes sat in my freezer at the same time. I also wanted it to be filling as I was feeding a friend who was helping me to strip wallpaper. When I googled and came across these Courgette and Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells I knew I had the makings of what I wanted and it totally worked. It was delicious and cheesy and tomatoey and the courgette kind of disintegrated into the ricotta and made it yummy.

Courgette and Ricotta Cannelloni (adapted from Clotted Cream and Jam)
(Serves 4)

500g courgettes, grated
150g ricotta
85g Parmesan
pinch freshly grated nutmeg
salt and pepper
2 quantities basic tomato sauce
8 lasagne sheets
20g cheese (cheddar, mozzarella etc)

Cook the pasta according to packet instructions until pliable and al dente, drain and cool under cold running water. Set aside.
 
Heat a little oil in pan and add the garlic and courgettes. Cook for 15 minutes until the courgettes have cooked down, then cool. Mix with the ricotta, Parmesan and nutmeg, salt and pepper.
 
Preheat the oven to 190C. Divide the mixture into 8, spoon along the middle of each lasagne sheet, roll up, then tuck into an ovenproof dish, joined sides down.
Spoon the tomato sauce over the rolls and then sprinkle with a cheese of your choice. bake in the oven for 30-35 mins or until the top is golden and brown. Serve with a green salad and garlic bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment