Thursday 13 December 2012

Creamy Salmon and Orange Pasta

I always end up with leftover orange, I buy one for a recipe, using maybe only half or just the zest and then am left wondering what to do with the rest of it. This recipe is perfect for that leftover orange. Its so quick and simple but delivers on flavour. I used peppered salmon flakes, which added to the flavour of the dish, but this would be just as good with normal hot smoked salmon.

This recipe is adapted from one at Lavender and Lovage, I love Karen's blog. Every week she has something I want to make and I love the fish on Friday's it has given me so many fishy ideas. I mainly adapted it because I had yoghurt instead of creme fraiche and I wanted to use as much of my orange as possible so I added a squeeze of the juice too! I served it with a green salad and green beans.
















Creamy Salmon and Orange Pasta (adapted from Lavender and Lovage)
(Serves 4)
(11 WW ProPoints per serving)

300g dried pasta shapes
4 tablespoons low fat Greek yoghurt
zest from 1 orange
big squeeze orange juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
freshly ground black pepper
2 hot smoked salmon fillets, flaked or 200g ready flaked hot smoked salmon
 
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
 
Drain the pasta and add the yoghurt, mix well before adding the rest of the ingredients and gently mix through.

No comments:

Post a Comment