Sunday 2 December 2012

Cheesey Veggie Pasta Bake

I'm not sure why when I looked at this recipe I didn't work out that it would turn out like scrambled eggs. Amy who writes She Cooks, She Eats, says that she got a luscious sauce from mixing eggs, yoghurt, stock and cheese. I got pasta with scrambled eggs and veg. I'm not sure why mine should end up so different. I'm beginning to think that there just isn't a substitute for a good old trusty bechamel sauce, but it's a faff to make so I shall continue my search for a quicker, lower fat alternative.
















Cheesey Veggie Pasta Bake (adapted from She Cooks, She Eats)
(Serves 4)
(12 WW ProPoints per serving)

cooking spray
1 large courgette, chopped
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 large leeks, sliced thickly
1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
240g pasta shapes
For the sauce
2 large eggs
200g 0% Greek yoghurt
100ml veg stock
160g cheddar

Preheat the oven to 200C. Spray a roasting tray with cooking spray and then put all the chopped veg into the baking tray and spray again with cooking spray. Scatter the garlic over the veggies and season with salt and pepper.  Roast for 25-30 mins.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions and drain.

Mix the eggs with the Greek yogurt, the stock and 90g of the cheddar.

When the veggies are roasted, mix the sauce, pasta and veggies together in an ovenproof dish.

Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment