Sunday 25 November 2012

Tuna Rice Salad

This morning I went to an ephemera fair near Russell Square. I bought a couple of 1950/60s cookery books and some World War 2 stuff. I love rifling through the boxes of stuff and seeing what I can find. I have a collection of World War 2 home front ephemera and I'm starting to buy more and more cookery books and pamphlets from the 50s and 60s, I love the colourful covers and the fantastic advice inside.

This salad feels like a bit of a throw back, its really easy to make and tasty and filling. A brilliant lunch to take to work.

















Tuna Rice Salad (adapted from Good Food Magazine August 2010)
(Serves 1)
(10 WW ProPoints per serving)

1/2 120g tin tuna
50g white rice
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 tomato, cut into small chunks
1 tbsp peas
1 spring onion, sliced
1 tsp parsley, chopped
3-4 large green, stoned and chopped
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil

Cook the rice according to packet instructions, add the peas for the last 4 mins, drain and then run under cold water. Put into a bowl.

Flake in the tuna, then mix in the peas, peppers, tomatoes, spring onions, parsley and olives, if you're using them.

Stir through the mayonnaise, lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment