Monday 12 November 2012

Meal Planning Monday and Spanish Chicken and Rice Salad

I thought I'd share with you one of my lunches from last week, which doesn't really warrant a whole post by itself. I was looking at the salad in Marks and Spencer for inspiration over half term and came across a Spanish Style Chicken with Rice Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette. It looked delicious but expensive and I reckoned I could make it myself. So I did! It is a little bit different but the basic principles are there.

I marinated my chicken breast in half a tsp each of sweet, hot and smoked paprika and a tsp of oil and then I baked it for 30 mins. The rice is leftovers of a Spanish rice dish I made the night before (recipe to follow). I mixed some butter beans and pepperdew peppers together to make a little salad and then added the rocket to the box. I also made a sherry vinaigrette to pour over the salad, using sherry vinegar, olive oil and smoked paprika. Delicious!
















This weeks meal plan is varied and uses lots of Internet recipes. I struggled to think of things to make for lunch as always, I like variety but it's hard to think of ideas! I'm also really busy this week with french class, zumba, going out and a training course this necessitates quick and easy meals trying to finish some of the stuff in my fridge.

Monday
Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta Salad
Sweet Potato and Smoked Haddock Pie

Tuesday
Broad Bean and Mint Soup with a Ham and Mustard Sandwich
Out either at Mishkins or MEATmarket

Wednesday
Tuna Rice Salad
Broccoli and Blue Cheese Pasta

Thursday
Smoked Sausage and Coleslaw Sandwich and Crisps
Chicken Enchilada Courgette Boats, Bread and Butter Pudding

Friday
Spicy Crab Noodle Salad
Prawn and Broccoli Stir Fry (WW Cooking for One)

Saturday
Chicken Fajita Lasagne

Sunday
Spicy Sausage Pizza

Don't forget to check out Mrs M's blog for more meal ideas.

3 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you have such amazing and varied lunches - I tend to revert to sandwiches which is terribly dull.

    Enjoy your week!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to! I'd go mad eating the same thing every day. I also freeze all my leftovers as I don't much like eating the same meal twice in a row! I like my variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the varied lunches - my hubby has exactly the same thing every day but I just can't do it. I sicken myself so quickly of one thing! Your lunches (and dinners) look amazing - especially the paprika chicken! I have also "pinned" a few recipes! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete